Now for the haiku itself (with explanation to follow):
Hush little birdies
The sun has not said good 'morn
And sleep evades me
The sun has not said good 'morn
And sleep evades me
This was composed somewhere between the hours of four and five this morning. I had trouble falling asleep and staying asleep all night long. So as I lay awake in bed, at four-something this morning, trying to clear my head and focus on 'nothing', I was rudely distracted by eager birds. Why do they sing their chipper songs before it is light? Must they remind me that day is coming, so I better hurry up and get my sleep in? Thanks, pressure is just what a restless person needs to fall back asleep. hah. And so, as I am sure everyone does, I made up a poem. I hope you have enjoyed my literary adventure. :)
P.S. I do, in fact, enjoy birds. Just not when they are singing at 4am. ;)
P.S. I do, in fact, enjoy birds. Just not when they are singing at 4am. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment
We like feedback!