Thursday, July 16, 2009

New blog to follow

I found a new blog to follow. I falls under the same category as www.realsimple.com only it is a blog instead of a site, so not quite as user friendly, but still full of wonderful organizing tips. It's called I'm an Organizing Junkie and it fits me oh so well. I think what got me hooked was her post on "Makeup Storage Makeover", which was basically a picture version of my first month of life, here at Trinity. I am so proud, I think I might even take a picture of some of my favorite organizing feats, including my jewelry drawer (1), hair/makeup drawer (2) and the delightful linen closet (3)! Wow, I really am this excited :) Oh, and our new storage cabinet for the bathroom (4).

1
2

3
4

I often wonder "Was I like this before I got married? before I went to college? before I met Mike? etc" just to make sure I am staying true to who I am. The answer is generally a resounding "Yes". Sure I've grown and learned and matured (I think) but when you boil things down to personality and genetic makeup... I am a list-making, people-pleasing and over-analyzing east-coast girl. Yup. All of the above!

4 comments:

  1. WHY didn't I get that gene? I think I need a Katie intervention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive! I think YOU should write a series on "confessions from an organization junkie" or something like it. I'd learn a lot I'm sure! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'll admit it -- I'm a little jealous. ;) I read Real Simple and walk dreamily around the Container Store, but somehow I'm never actually able to put it into action. Well done, Katie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hear that! Except now that I'm married I've been mellowed. Al just yells at me when he thinks I expect too much organization, and with all his stuff, I just can't keep up! I guess you could say I'm a frustrated organizing, people pleasing, list making East Coast girl! Oh! And I'm glad you still count yourself as one of us East Coast girls ;)

    ReplyDelete

We like feedback!