PS. I like to post pictures with my thoughts, so here is a side note. Dutchess is staying with one of the HART people while we are away. I hope she remembers us when we get back!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Packing...
Packing is like writing a paper. I can't do either without pressure. I need the serious, for real, night-before-it's due (or I leave town) pressure. Which is so weird to me. Because I absolutely loathe paper writing. Going out of town, on the other hand, is delightful. I love traveling, seeing new places, new people, adventures abound! So why do both things solicit the same procrastination and avoidance? One can only guess the inner workings of the mess that I am...
PS. I like to post pictures with my thoughts, so here is a side note. Dutchess is staying with one of the HART people while we are away. I hope she remembers us when we get back!
PS. I like to post pictures with my thoughts, so here is a side note. Dutchess is staying with one of the HART people while we are away. I hope she remembers us when we get back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey guys! This is Lisa Cook, and I just randomly found your blog today. I had to comment on this one because I am the same way! Packing and the majority of paper writing must be done at the last second. (Although, the packing part at least drives Justin crazy.)
ReplyDeleteBut I'm not the exact same way. I also love traveling, but I detest packing. I think it's because I just don't like making choices, and I don't like to commit to what I think I'm going to need. With writing papers, though, I just generally like to let thoughts stew in the back of my head, like they're in a pressure cooker. Then in that last 24-hour crunch, it usually all comes together.
Hmm. I don't think that brings me to any answers. Maybe it's just the challenge of finishing things at the last second?