Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Parvo


We took in another foster dog on Saturday, August 30. She is an adorable 3 month old pitbull/Lab mix. The rescue organization named her "Baby" which is cute now, but not much of a real name. Anyhow, she developed a sense of lethargy and lack of apetite on Monday night and Tuesday, then began vomitting on Tuesday afternoon/evening. We took her into the animal ER last night and they are keeping her for 24 hours. They think that it is Parvo , a disease that has a 90% mortality rate if untreated. We are sad that she is in pain and miss her sweet demeanor. It's funny how you can get so attached to an animal in 4 days...
This is not a picture of her... but I found on the web and it looks a ton like her, only Baby is cuter. I will upload a picture of her as soon as I have a free minute at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We like feedback!